1. General Statement
We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. We believe that you should easily know what personal data we collect and use, as well as to understand your rights in respect of your personal data.
2. Who are we?
For more details about Arandú visit http://arandu.com.ar
You will find our contact information in the section “How to contact us?” Below.
3. What personal data do we collect and how is it collected?
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For example, it may include an individual’s name, address and gender.
We may collect personal data either directly from you (for example when you purchase a product in a store) or indirectly (for example from your electronic devices that interact with our websites, electronic forms or mobile applications (“Digital Platforms”)).
3.1. Information you provide directly to us
You may provide us with information:
- – When you create an account online or in our stores;
- – When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- – When you use our Digital Platforms;
- – When you purchase products or services on our Digital Platforms or in our stores;
- – When you visit our stores;
- – When you participate in one of our events.
- – Your identity (including your first name, last name, gender, image);
- – Your contact details (including your postal address, email address, phone numbers);
- – Your personal status (including your title);
- – Your purchases and repairs (including purchase history, order details);
- – Your preferences (including your size);
- – Certain payment information (including billing information, payment type or method, charge or credit card number);
- – Other information you may provide by filling forms or by contacting us (including your feedbacks, or other communications with us).
We will inform you when your information is required in order to process your request, to respond to your queries or to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide this information, then it may delay or prevent us from processing your request,
responding to your query and providing products or services to you.
We hope to ensure that the personal data we possess are accurate at all times and therefore we encourage you to update your information in case any changes have occurred. We also may ask you to update your information from time to time.
We recommend that you only provide the data requested or necessary for your query, with the exception of any sensitive information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.
We remind you that we do not provide our services or products directly to, nor collect personal data of, persons below the age of 18. Therefore, we ask you not to provide us with personal data of persons under 18 years of age.
4. Why do we collect your personal data and how do we use it?
We collect and use your personal data based on one or many of the following legal basis:
- – we have obtained your prior consent (for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter). Please note that for this specific legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (see below “What rights do you have on your personal data?”)
- – the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between Arandú and you (for example, when you make a purchase);
- – we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms (for example, to prevent payment fraud);
- – we have to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Depending on the context, we may use your personal data in order to:
- – provide you with the products or services you requested;
- – conduct checks to identify you and verify your identity;
- – send you marketing communications – with your prior consent (see section “Marketing Communications”);
- – provide you after-sale services;
- – respond to your queries, requests and suggestions;
- – manage the events you registered and/or participated in;
- – detect any fraudulent or illegal activity, including to secure your transactions by detecting and preventing fraud against you and Arandú;
- – protect you, employees and other individuals in our stores as well as our property;
- – manage the stock of certain types of rare products to allow a fair allocation of the products we sell;
- – monitor and improve our Digital Platforms;
- – conduct statistical analysis;
- – improve our products and services;
- – provide information to regulatory bodies when legally required.
5. Marketing Communications (newsletter, invitations, etc.)
With your express prior consent (usually obtained by ticking a specific box in a form), you may receive information concerning offers, services, products or events sent by Arandú and/or by other Arandú. In such a case, you also accept that your contact information is shared with other Arandú companies for this purpose.
We rely on your consent to process the personal data you provide to us for this purpose.
Therefore, if you no longer wish to receive such information, you can withdraw your consent at any time (see below “What rights do you have on your personal data?”).
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products and/or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data are processed for the period necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
In order to determine the most appropriate retention periods for your personal data, we have specifically considered the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal data, the reasons for which we collected your personal data, the service you deserve and expect from us together with the applicable legal requirements. For example:
- – With regard to our prospects (potential customers): your data is stored for three years from your last action and then deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations;
- – With regard to our customers: your data is stored for the duration of our commercial relationship and for up to ten years and then deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations;
- – With regard to the cookies used on Digital Platforms: they are stored
for up to 13 months from the moment they were installed on your device.
7. How do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data only to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons:
- – We disclose your personal data to Arandú employees that need to have access to your personal data and are authorized to process them in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes and who are committed to confidentiality.
For the specific purpose of combating payment fraud, your personal data are communicated to Arandú in order to process your order and to fight against online payment methods fraud attempts. As part of our legitimate interest to fight against fraud with payment methods, Arandú, acting as data controller, can transmit your financial information to an external service provider with a fraud detection tool in order to authenticate a payment. Such service provider is committed to confidentiality.
As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the country where you are located. This includes transfers to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) and to countries that do not have laws that provide adequate protection for personal data according to the European Commission.
All such processing is based on our prior instructions set out in a binding contract that is compliant with the requirements of applicable law. Such disclosures are made for different purposes including:
- IT development and support;
- Hosting and carrying out marketing and business studies and marketing campaigns;
- Verifying your information, authenticating payments and processing orders and payments, to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfilment services;
- Delivery services…
These providers are committed to confidentiality and are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We also require them to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
8. How do we protect your personal data?
All your personal data is strictly confidential and will only be accessible, on a need-to-know basis, to duly authorized personnel of Arandú and other entities of the Arandú and third providers acting on our behalf with appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards.
9. What rights do you have on your personal data?
In accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data. A summary of these rights is provided below:
Your right of access: the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
Your right to rectification: the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your data or to complete your information.
Your right to be forgotten: the right to require us to delete your personal data — in certain situations.
Your right to restriction of processing: the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data — in certain circumstances, for example if you contest the accuracy of the data.
Your right to data portability: the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party — in certain situations.
Your right to object to processing: the right to object:
- – at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing;
- – in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests
You may at any time decide to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based on other legal bases if any, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic marketing message we send to you. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary
for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you.
To exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact information below (see “How to contact us”).
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you will be requested to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information (copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties.
10. How to contact us?
In issues relating to your account, to withdraw your consent, to ask general questions or to lodge a complaint, please contact our Customer Service:
- – By email: [email protected]
- – By phone: +54-11-4816-3689
- – By mail: Paraguay 1259, CABA, Argentina. cp: 1057